EVANGELIA = Bringer of Good News

KAY XUN = Declaring that God is Awesome

RAE-ANN = Lamb

KAY YAN = Amazing Grace

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Oceans will part


In life's so many uncertainties; retrenchment, meeting daily needs, joblessness, coping with rising living costs, sicknesses, pay cut and the list goes on. One can't seem to know for sure what lies ahead. I can plan; plan for my child's start of new school, plan to bring her out on this particular day, plan for maybe a bigger car to accommodate 2 kids one day, plan for maybe a helper to cope with work and chores,or plan to be a stay home mum and devote my time and attention to my kids. Plan, plan, plan...but when one crisis strikes, no one expected that in the plan and the planning has to be aborted.

I have, yet again, been reminded that God is still sovereign and above all; I am none the wiser. It'll be good to just take a peep at God's master plan. In layman's term---don't waste time planning something that eventually will definitely not work. Makes sense, even logical. But hard truth is that God doesn't work that way.

He doesn't want to rob us of the chance to grow in our faith and trust in Him. To enjoy that close relationship with Him, if that only means one step at a time. I know God is faithful, He has shown that to me countless times. I was reminded by a game my daughter plays with my husband.

He will ask Lia to hold him by his neck with both her hands and he will let go of his hands when he is carrying her. She will then hang in there tightly with her dear life. She finds it a thrill, yet she will scream for help and plead with her father, "Papa, Papa!" But whole time, it is a fun game and she will request to play this again and again.

I could tell she was afraid to fall. But she still wants to play this game with her father repeatedly. Trust. She knows her father will not let her fall. He will never intentionally hurt his child. Just like God will not intentionally inflict pain on us.

So even if times are gloomy, I know it's "thrilling" to know that at the end of the "hanging on game" my God will catch me if I'm falling. And that is the moment of comfort---to know and understand that God is always there. There is hope. For a child it's very reassuring, for me, it's the same.

So, in my life, in my family, God, let Your will be done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN :)