EVANGELIA = Bringer of Good News

KAY XUN = Declaring that God is Awesome

RAE-ANN = Lamb

KAY YAN = Amazing Grace

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, September 19, 2008

What on earth are we here for?


Think about this--are we who we are because it is determined at conception or the nurture of our parents and environment played their role? If you browse through many preschools' philosophies, the typical ones are (rephrased), "Every child is uniquely individual", "Unfolds the child's potential", "Moulding young lives" and "Shaping our children for our future".

Mama always wonder if God owns a preschool, what would His philosophy on children be like? Are we as children born with innate God-given potentials, characters and talents, just waiting for the world to unfold? Or the world around us has the responsibility to shape us into who we should be? And who should determine what we should be?

I know, I sound Chim for a 22 months old kiddo :P But hey, it's my life and I have the rights to question. Food for thought!

But Mama found this song very meaningful. All we know is that we were made to worship no matter who we are. I may grow up one day being dominant and leadership driven, influential and sociable, steady and systematic or cautious and organized. All these put together is GOD--all-perfect.

So I think, both plays a part; at conception of what God has given me and the nurture of the environment. The latter is to strive to be who God wants us to be--in His image, isn't it?! But at the end of the day, we are all called to worship Him regardless of who I am. I am humbled.

No comments: