EVANGELIA = Bringer of Good News

KAY XUN = Declaring that God is Awesome

RAE-ANN = Lamb

KAY YAN = Amazing Grace

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, September 14, 2007

7 months old--I was hospitalised




I was hospitalised when I was about 7 months old. Papa just left for biz trip to Germany and Mama looked after me alone. She was shocked and worried when she realised I had a temp from 38.6 to 39.1.
So she sent me to A & E immediately. Doctor there said I needed to be hospitalised to monitor because my platelet count was very low. Any lower I'll have go for blood transfusion. They suspected dengue fever or worse, blood disorder.
Ye Ye, Nai Nai and Mama was with me. Mama cried when she saw nurses poked needles into me for blood tests and drip. You can see from the picture, it was really painful. I needed 2 nurses and a PD to do the job. The nurses said I was very strong; struggling hard. Of course man! Very painful!
Mama told me she wished it was her in pain, not me. They prayed for me everyday. And thank God, my platelet count went back to normal and I could go home. I didn't have dengue or blood disorder. Just an aggressive viral infection.
Papa came back just one day after touching down at Germany. He rushed back to see that I was ok and helped Mama looked after me too.Thank God his boss was understanding. Both Mama and Papa were super tired out. Mama who stayed with me in the hospital only slept for less than 3 hours every night.
But don't worry Papa, Mama. God is with me all the time. He will watch over me, even when I'm sleeping. He will strengthen me as days go by too!



No comments: